Saturday, April 25, 2015

Projects and Priorities

I have got a long list of projects to do.

Build an airplane in my garage, build a working piston engine, build a working jet engine, and finish and race my and my buddy's Lemons/Chumpcar Mustang.  In the meantime, I'm trying to finish getting my private glider license, and I just signed up to put in a flugtag entry this fall (at least that would partially count as building an airplane in my garage).

I've also got a friend's table saw that I accidentally broke one of the handles off of.  The plastic shattered and is inreparable, but I'm thinking that I can cast a new one out of aluminum using the old one as a partial pattern for the mold.  Of course that also means that I have to build a little forge for my garage.  I think I'm going to follow the basic plan presented in this video:

Garage Forge

I don't think my wife can even get too upset, I'm sure it won't turn into interior decoration, but it doesn't take up much space!  Anyway.  More to follow!

Also, I had this mental image of something that looks like a Kelly Johnson/Rutan lovechild pop into my head the other day.  Maybe I'll build it someday...






Update: Fixed the handle on the table saw.  Ended up just epoxying it back together.  It is a Central Machinery (Harbor Freight) 10" table saw that they no longer sell parts for, so if you're interested, shoot me a message or comment and I'll post the dissassembly/reassembly instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment